Call for Papers — Satellite Meetings
- 1 February 2018, 19:55
Theme: "Libraries as Centers of Community Engagements for Development"
22-23 August 2018
Serambi Ilmu Rakyat Library, Level 7, Tower 1,Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat, No.33, Jalan Rakyat, 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The IFLA Africa Section is seeking proposals for a satellite meeting to be held at the IFLA 84th World Library and Information Congress in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Proposals chosen for presentation will examine how Libraries:
- Have developed community information literacy programmes and partnerships
- Liaised with other community groups to achieve national development.
- Collaborated with national governments to achieve the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- Collaborated with national governments working towards realising Agenda 2063 and achieving the Africa we want.
- Public Libraries and community engagement
- Information Literacy for Development.
- ICTs for LIS Development
- Information Literacy for Empowering the community
- Quality information empowers society
- Exploration of the way in which local libraries can contribute to community development.
The proposal must be the original work of the author(s) and should be written in either English or French. Each abstract must contain:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Outline of the proposed presentation (no more than 350 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s)
- Position or title of presenter(s)
- Presenter(s) employer or affiliated institution
- Email address, Telephone/fax numbers
- Short biographical statement of the presenter/s, with digital photograph
All proposals must be received by 28 February 2018.
Please email ABSTRACTS (Proposals) to:
Dr Rosemary Shafack, Chair, IFLA Africa Section
Mrs Nthabiseng Kotsokoane, Secretary, IFLA Africa Section
28 February 2018: Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
30 March 2018: Notification of acceptance/rejection of papers
30 June 2018: Deadline for Submission of Full Papers
All proposals will be evaluated by a refereeing team of the Standing Committee of the IFLA Africa Section.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2018 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.