Call for Papers — Satellite Meetings
Library Services to People with Special Needs Section joint with the Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section
- 27 December 2017, 15:13
Theme: "Inclusive Library Services for Children and Young Adults"
[Deadline extended to: 28 February 2018]
Thursday, 23 August, 2018
National Library Building, Singapore
- Library Services to People with Special Needs Section (LSN)
- Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section (CYA) in collaboration with the
- National Library Board (NLB), Singapore
The main focus of the conference is to discuss how to promote inclusive library services to children and young adults, leaving no one behind, in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Objectives of the Conference
- To exchange innovative ideas and good practices for inclusive library services for children and young adults, including those with special needs around the world.
- To bring together library professionals and others in the field who work with children and young adults with special needs.
- To strengthen the research on policy, human capacity and technology development for inclusive library services to children and young adults.
- To create an international network of all participants to promote inclusive library services for children and young adults.
Some examples of possible topics:
- Promoting literacy among children and young adults with special needs
- Outreaching to children and young adults with special needs
- Inclusive library space and design
- Capacity development of library staff working with children and young adults with special needs
Interested individuals and groups are invited to submit a proposal no later than
15 February 28 February 2018.
Each presentation will last approximately 20 minutes.
The proposals must be submitted in an electronic format with the following in English.
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of author(s)/presenter(s)
- Title of the paper
- Abstract of the paper (no more than 300 words)
- Brief biographical information of all author(s)/presenter(s) (40 words per person)
- Contact information, including e-mail and phone number
- A statement committing to attend the conference in Singapore and present your paper in person, if the paper is accepted.
Please email your proposal before 28 February 2018 to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and
All proposals will be reviewed by the Satellite Organizing Committee and successful applicants will be informed by 20 March 2018. A commitment to attend the conference and present the paper in person will be one deciding factor in the selection of papers.
Deadline for submissions: 28 February 2018
Notification of acceptance: 20 March 2018
Final program and registration information released: 6 April 2018
Deadline for submission of the full paper: 1 June 2018
Deadline for submission of digital files (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, visuals, videos, etc.): 31 July 2018
All proposals must be received by 28 February 2018.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program of the Satellite Meeting.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.