[Application is now closed]
Win € 2000 … plus registration and travel to IFLA World Library and Information Congress! Apply for the 2018 IFLA – BibLibre International Library Marketing Award
The IFLA–BibLibre International Marketing Award honors organizations that have implemented creative, results-oriented marketing projects or campaigns. Up to 10 finalists will be chosen to recognize them for their outstanding achievements and three winners will be selected.
The first and the second winner will receive airfare, lodging and registration for the World Library and Information Congress in Kula Lumpur, Malaysia, 24–30 August 2018. Cash awards of €2000, €1000 and €500 respectively, which must be used to further their marketing efforts, will also be awarded to the first, second and third-place winners.
The finalists and winners will be announced in March 2018. The winners will be announced officially during the IFLA WLIC Awards Ceremony.
Deadline: 10 January 2018
Objectives of the award are to
- Reward the best library marketing projects worldwide during the previous calendar year;
- Encourage marketing in libraries;
- Give libraries the opportunity to share marketing experiences.
- Any library worldwide that markets library products or services is eligible to receive the award.
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages, but as the working language of the jury members is English, they may use Google translator for translating non-English applications. Applicants may also submit an English translation if they prefer. The version should be electronic.
- Applications must be submitted before 10 January 2018 (including any supporting materials).
- present an original project of marketing for a library of any kind;
- answer each question on the application;
- give an explanation about the benefits of the project from a local perspective;
- describe the components of the project as outlined in the application;
- express the identified needs of the targeted customer(s) involved;
- give a full description of the marketing strategy;
- summarize the marketing project and its results.
All proposals must reflect the above. Libraries and institutions are encouraged to describe the imaginative and inventive aspects of the projects.
Applicants will be judged on the following:
- Strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project;
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges;
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries, irrespective of the kind or amount of resources employed;
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods;
- Commitment to ongoing marketing activities.
The Section is also interested in receiving applications that cover marketing:
- of resources that are international in coverage of electronic resources, e.g. electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories,
- of Web and Digital Libraries,
- of information literacy,
- of new products and new services.
Proposals are reviewed on the basis of how well they meet the above criteria. Other factors are clarity of planning and awareness of relations with external bodies. Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time) will also be taken in account.
The criteria are intended to facilitate increased understanding of marketing, and participation by a broad range of countries. The Jury is also interested in recognizing marketing efforts by developing countries with fewer resources.
Members of the Award Jury are drawn from the membership of the IFLA Standing Committee on Management and Marketing:
- Silvere MERCIER (France), Chair
- Henar SILVESTRE FERRADAL (Spain), Information Coordinator
- Lamia ABDELFATTAH (Egypt)
- Antonia ARAHOVA (Greece)
- Wiebke DALHOFF (Germany)
- Ruth ØRNHOLT (Norway)
- Nadia TEMMAR(Algeria)
- Leslie WEIR (Canada)
- Ludmila ZAYTSEVA (Russia)
- Christie KOONTZ (USA)
>>>> APPLY IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE <<<<
See previous year’s winners for background on the award.