Call for Papers — Satellite Meetings
Asia and Oceania Section joint with Education and Training
- 27 February 2018, 13:49
Theme: "Transforming the society: libraries as the torch-bearer of change "
[Deadline extended to: 30 April 2018]
20-21 August 2018
Department of Library & Information Science; University of Calcutta, Kolkata, WB, India
The following topics are suggested (though other proposals will be considered if they adhere to the main theme):
Theme: Transforming the society: libraries as the torch-bearer of change
Abstract proposals are expected to cover one or more of the sub-themes laid down below without losing focus of the main theme:
- Libraries as change agents
- Librarians as change agents
- IFLA Global Vision
- Building Strong Library and Information Science Education (BSLISE)
- Case studies on change- local/ regional/ national/ international level
- Case studies from Public/Academic/Special Libraries
- Comparative studies
- Collaboration for change
- Collaboration in libraries – Local, regional, national, international levels
- Collaborations in LIS education – Local, regional, national, international level
- Innovation in libraries – Local, regional, national, international level
- Partners in change movement
- Government as facilitator of change – local, regional, national, international level
- Role of library associations as facilitator of change – local, regional, national, international level
- NGOs as facilitator of change – local, regional, national, international level
- PPT model as facilitator of change – local, regional, national, international level
- Role of legislation in facilitating change
- Role of social media as facilitator of change
- Role of technology as facilitator of change – local, regional, national, international level
Content of abstracts:
Informative abstracts (500 words) should be prepared following the template provided below. Each abstract will be blind reviewed by members of the Program Committee. Abbreviated abstracts or late submissions will not be considered.
Purpose of this paper
What are the reason(s) for writing the paper (or the aims of the research)?
How does it relate to the theme of the session?
Design, methodology, approach
How are the objectives achieved? Include the main method(s) used for the study. What is the approach to the topic, and what is the theoretical or subject scope of the paper?
What was found during the work? This will refer to analysis, discussion, or results.
Research limitations and implications
If the paper reports on research, this section must be completed. It should include suggestions for future research and any identified limitations in the research process.
What outcomes and implications for practice, applications and consequences are identified? All papers should have practical applications. What changes to practice might be made as a result of this research/paper?
What is new in the paper? State the value of the paper and to whom.
- The deadline for submitting a detailed abstract (500 words) and full author details is
15 April 201830 April 2018. Selection of papers is based on the abstract, and presenters will be notified whether they have been successful by 10 May 2018.
- The submitted abstracts will be evaluated against criteria which include: innovative content, topical relevance, regional interest, clarity of exposition, originality, and overall quality.
- Papers must be original submissions not presented or published elsewhere.
- Full texts of papers are due on 15 June 2018. Both abstract and full paper should be submitted as a MS Word file attachment by e-mail.
- Papers should be no more than 4,000 words, single spaced in Times New Roman 12 point.
- Papers and abstracts should be in English.
- The author(s) should include their full contact details and brief biographical notes.
Please send your abstract by the extended deadline of 30 April 2018 to:
Chair, Program Committee, SET-RSCAO Satellite Session, IFLA WLIC 2018; Secretary, Section on Education and Training (IFLA-SET); Associate Professor, Dept. of Lib. and Inf. Sc., University of Calcutta, WB, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com
With subject line: Abstract Proposal for IFLA-CU 2018, Your Name, Your Country.
Program Committee, IFLA SET-RSCAO Satellite Session, WLIC 2018:
Dr. Susmita Chakraborty, Chair, Program Committee, SET-RSCAO Satellite Session, IFLA WLIC 2018
Dr. Saif Al-Zabri, Co-Chair, IFLA-SET, Director, Information Center, College of Economics & Political Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Dr. Kendra Albright, Professor and Director, School of Information, Kent State University, USA, Co-Chair, IFLA-SET
Dr. Sanjay K. Bihani, Chair, IFLA – Regional Standing Committee for Asia and Oceania (RSCAO), Ministry of External Affairs Library, New Delhi, India
Registration Fees to be paid to the host institution:
- Current students of Calcutta University: INR 600
- Current students of other Universities: INR 800
- Full Time Scholars of the Department: INR 1000
- Full Time Scholars of other Universities: INR1500
- Working Professionals (in Contractual post): INR 1000
- Other Professionals: INR 2500
- Retired Professionals: INR 1000
Registration for this Satellite Meeting and other details will be available on the website (to be created soon).
All authors of a paper must pay the registration fee and at least one must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during this IFLA Satellite Session in the University of Calcutta. .
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.