Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group joint with Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section
[Deadline extended to: 28 February 2018]
The IFLA Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group joined with Libraries for Children and Young Adults, invite interested professionals to submit proposals for the open session to be held during IFLA WLIC in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 24-30 August 2018.
To keep the session vibrant and exciting two alternative styles of presentations are accepted: a 15 minutes delivery or the PechaKucha format (20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each for a total of 6 minutes 40 seconds).Français
The program committee is interested in proposals on projects relating young adults and sustainability:
- Environmental, social or economic sustainability
- Libraries giving possibilities for young adults to create their own sustainable projects
- Sustainable library projects or library programs for young adults.
Proposals must include:
- Title of the presentation or PechaKucha (clearly indicated which one)
- Abstract of no more than 400 words.
- Author(s) name, professional affiliation, postal address, email address
- A brief biographical statement of no more than 150 words.
- All proposals and presentations will be required to be in English.
- The planning team reserves the right to ask applicants to make small adjustments to the shape or content of their papers to support the needs of the program.
Proposals should be sent by
15 February 2018 the extended deadline of 28 February 2018 to:
Harri Sahavirta, Convenor, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group
Email: email@example.com and
Karen Keys, Information Officer, Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section
Selected presenters will be notified by 30 March 2018.
Requirements for speakers and final papers:
- Final papers should be a maximum of 4000 words in length and the presentation time is 20 minutes with discussion (15 min + 5 min)
- Final PechaKucha should be a maximum of 20 slides and the presentation time is 6 minutes 40 seconds.
- Papers should be original submissions (not published elsewhere)
- Papers must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference website by 30 May 2018
- Papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in English, although the final paper may be written in any of IFLA’s official languages. All the presentations in the IFLA WLIC 2018 conference are to be given in English since no translation is available.
- All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2018 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license
- Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Deadline for submission of abstract: 28 February 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 30 March 2018
Deadline for submission of full paper: 30 May 2018
All abstracts must be received by 28 February 2018.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.