Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Management and Marketing Section
The IFLA Management and Marketing Section invite interested professionals to submit proposals for the open session to be held during IFLA WLIC in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 24-30 August 2018.
Possible topics (though other proposals may be considered):
- Old School Marketing vs Digital Marketing – pros and cons for both
- Virtual Reality Marketing – the new frontier for Libraries
- The Facebook Top Ten – what Libraries can beg, borrow or steal
- Analog Marketing vs Digital Marketing – where do we meet our patrons? And who do we miss when choosing a certain Marketing Strategy?
- Library Management in a Digital World
- How to change Attitudes and Work Structure for Library Staff to meet new demands from Society
Approximately 10-15 minutes will be allowed for presentation at the conference. After presentations there will be time for round-table discussions. Lecturers will be expected to moderate discussion on their topic. Presentation must be in English.
1 March 2018: Proposals due
31 March 2018: Acceptance notices sent to authors
1 June 2018: Full text of presentations due
24-31 August 2018: WLIC 2017 Kuala Lumpur
Presentation of accepted papers
- Keynote – 20-30 minutes
- Presentations 5-10 minutes each.
Presenters should not read their full written paper.
- Round-table discussions – 20-30 minutes
Please submit your proposal no later than 1 March 2018 to:
Anya Feltreuter, Standing Committee Member, Management and Marketing Section
Copy your email to:
Jennifer Thompson, Standing Committee Member, Management and Marketing Section
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Malaysia. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.