Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Government Libraries Section joint with Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section
The Government Libraries and Library and Research Services for Parliaments Sections invite proposals for short presentations to be presented at a two-hour programme at the forthcoming IFLA World Library and Information Congress, to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 24th – 30th August 2018.
The session aims to address the ways that Government Libraries and Parliaments collaborate and promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We welcome proposals from individuals and organizations who can share views and implementations on Government/Parliamentary libraries helping to provide information and evidence related to the achievement of the SDGs. The selected speakers will deliver short presentations lasting 10 minutes (maximum) and participate in an interactive session with a Knowledge Cafe format.
Subjects of interest may include:
- Official collaborations amongst Government Ministries/Departments/Agencies for the promotion/advocacy of the public right to access information and data
- Experiences/collaborations of engaging library users of Government/Parliamentary circles to deliver/implement policies linked to UN SDGs
- Participation of Government Libraries/Parliamentary Libraries networks in the promotion/advocacy of the role of libraries in development/contributing to the SDGs
- Stories and examples on how the SDGs can provide a vehicle for the interest of Government/Parliamentary libraries and their users
Proposals should include:
- Title of the presentation
- A detailed abstract of no more than 800 words
- Name, e-mail address, position (title) of presenter(s)
- A brief biographical statement of no more than 100 words
Important dates and timelines:
Please email your proposals before 26 February 2018 to:
Guillermo A. García Capcha
The proposals will be evaluated and notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent by 19 March 2018.
For collective proposals, at least one of the authors must be present during the session. All selected presentations will be uploaded on the IFLA website.
The session will be conducted in English. All proposals and presentations will be required to be in English. Final presentations can be submitted in one of the official IFLA working languages. If the presentation is written in other official IFLA language than English, an accompanying translation in English must be attached.
For more information, please contact us via email@example.com
All proposals must be in by 26 February 2018.
Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted presentations.
Authors of accepted presentations must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on our Conference Participation Grants webpage.